Moving cross country is an adventure in itself, and the last thing you want is for your car to be damaged during the transportation process. That is why it is important to prepare your vehicle correctly for a long-distance haul.
Here are some expert tips on how to prepare your car for long distance haul:
- Wash Your Car: Before the car hauler arrives, give your vehicle a thorough wash to remove dirt and debris that could hide any scratches or damages. Make sure to clean the wheels and undercarriage as well. You would want to inspect the car more easily and thoroughly.
- Perform Basic Maintenance: Before shipping, make sure that your car is in good working condition. Check the fluid levels, brakes, battery, and tire pressure. Ensure that your car doesn’t have any fluid leaks or mechanical issues that could potentially cause harm during the journey.
- Remove Personal Items: Transporting personal items in your car during shipping is not recommended. It’s a violation of several government regulations. It also adds weight to the vehicle and can result in damages in transit. Remove your personal belongings, including the newly installed accessories, GPS or dash cams.
- Disable Car Alarms: Make sure you disable any alarms or other anti-theft devices installed in your car. This will prevent them from being triggered during transport which can be especially annoying for a long-distance haul.
- Don’t Fill Your Tank: Finally, make sure you don’t fill your car’s gas tank completely before shipping your car. A full tank adds more weight to the vehicle and could also result in fuel spillage.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your car arrives at its destination safely and in perfect condition after a long-distance haul. If you would like more tips or have any questions, feel free to contact our company today.